Saturday, January 5, 2013

Easy Way to Degrease the Stove Hood Vents!

I have to admit; like so many others out there in the wide world of the web; I have become addicted to Pinterest!  I find myself searching for new recipes, ways of decking out the Holidays, crafts, birthday themes, VBS ideas, ways to organize and the "miracle" to deep cleaning!  I can honestly say our family and house has benefited from my "repins".

My recent pin was to degrease the stove hood vents by simply using baking soda and boiling water.  My research to deep cleaning lead me to a blog titled, 'How To Clean That Greasy Stove Hood Filter' by, Jillee. I quickly went to the pantry and grabbed my Baking Soda in disgust!

Step 1: Remove the vents from the hood. I found two underneath our microwave and another inside the unit.

 


 
Step 2: Fill a your largest stew pot with water. Bring the water to a boil and  slowly add 1/2 a cup of Baking Soda to the water. If you add too much at once, the water will start to fizzle out of control  like a bad since experiment.  


 

Step 3: After all the Baking Soda is in the water, place the vents into the boiling water. I placed the two metal vents into one pot and the foam vent into a fresh mixture. Let the vents sit for about 4-5 minutes. Then with tongs, pull the vents from the mixture. Rinse the vents under hot water. I even gave them a little scrub with dish soap.

  

The water inside the pot will look something like the picture below.  A simple washing with dish soap removed the grease from the pot. 
  

We were amazed with the results! My husband and I felt at ease after the task was complete. Seeing the amount of grease that was removed; we realized the grease could have easily sparked a fire if anything on the stove top went out of control. We vowed to clean the vents more often.

 

This task was easy as pie with very little effort!
Happy Cleaning!


5 comments:

  1. Grease Cleaning. In commercial kitchens, grease can get everywhere. Pots and pans, dishes, countertops, equipment and even your floors. To remove tough
    Commercial Kitchen Cleaning
    Hood Cleaning
    Kitchen Equipment Cleaning
    Kitchen Equipment Detailing
    Grease Filters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep sharing such informative blogs. Most famous commercial and residential plumbing agency servicing all of Hampton Roads with Kitchen Grease Trap Cleaning & removal, Waste Oil Collection, Drain Cleaning, Sewer Jetting, Sewer Lift Stations, Dumpster Cleaning and more throughout Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Hampton, Chesapeake, Newport News.
    Commercial Kitchen Grease Removal Virginia Beach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fast this specific wonderful internet site will unquestionably indisputably be distinguished in the middle of nearly all producing a new web site males and females, to the fastidious written content and also testimonails from others. Sheffield restaurant equipment

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is really informative for me as I was looking for low cost Grease Trap Cleaning in Virginia Beach, Keep sharing such blogs.
    Grease Basket Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep sharing these informative blogs, I really appreciate the efforts made by the blogger.
    Waste Oil Collection Virginia Beach

    ReplyDelete